Electronic devices which can be worn comfortably on the body are known as wearable technologies. Such devices are used for keeping a track of information on a real-time basis. They are used for a plethora of reasons and have motion sensors which can take snapshots of the user’s daily activities and thereafter sync it to the mobile devices, computers or the laptops.
In the world of technology, wearable electronics are considered to be the next biggest innovation after smartphones. Much before entering the consumer market, wearable technology devices were being used in the military technology field. Such devices have also been very important in sectors like healthcare and medical for the military forces.
The aim of wearable technology is to influence medicine and health, aging, fitness, disability, music, gaming, finance, enterprise, transportation, education, etc. Its ultimate goal is to enter the day-to-day lives of the users in a smooth manner and become a vital functional part of their routine. Here are some of the different types of wearable technology devices that one can easily pick from the market:
- Smart watches: This is a watch that does more than just telling us the time. The users are provided with notifications for social media updates, emails, messages, calls, etc.
- Fitness tracker: This device will help in keeping a track of the number of steps that the person has walked every day and also constantly monitors the rate of the heart. This information can be used by the wearer to estimate and get a report containing accurate data of the calories burnt and the amount of exercise they get in a day.
- Head-mounted display device: Such devices can provide a person with an altogether different experience of virtual reality. The virtual information is directly delivered by this device into the eyes of the users.
- Sports watch: Sports watches are devices specially built for persons who like to indulge in sports and who are passionate about running, swimming, cycling, etc. Such devices have GPS trackers that can record the information related to the individual’s heart rate, pace, and other valid statistics.
- Smart jewelry: Smart jewelry is made by smartwatch manufacturers targeting the female population. Such jewelry can provide notifications to the user about the emails, calls, text messages that they get when the phone is not around them.
- Smart clothing: This refers to clothing that gets incorporated with a smart electronic device, providing a fashionable and interesting look. Sometimes the technology is woven into the fabric or others contain hardware attached to them.
There are also implantable wearable devices which are implanted in a person’s system through a surgical procedure. Through the surgery, the implant is placed below the skin of the person. These are mostly meant for medical reasons like keeping a track of the levels of insulin, contraceptives, etc. Wearable technology has a hands-free nature making it extremely effective for the businesses.
Keeping track of the user’s health condition becomes doubly beneficial, especially for first responders and those trying to administer first-aid in times of need.
The jobs of multiple people across the board have also become easier thanks to smartwatches and smart glasses; enabling access to data and information via its hands-free feature.